Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover hundreds of varieties of whisky, take the challenge of walking the West Highland Way and savour some of Europe's most sought-after seafood; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland's Highlands & Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Scotland's Highlands & Islands Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, Highland culture, landscape, wildlife, food & drink, castles, lochs & mountains, islands
- Over 30 colour maps
- Covers Inverness, the Highlands, Orkney & Shetland, the West Highland Way and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Scotland's Highlands & Islands, our most comprehensive guide to the region, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scotland guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Neil Wilson, Andy Symington
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: Scotland travel, Scottish Highlands travel, Scottish Islands travel, Scotland's Highlands travel, Scotland's Islands travel, Scotland travel guide, Scottish Highlands travel guide, Scottish Islands travel guide, Scotland's Highlands travel guide, Scotland's Islands travel guide, Scotland travel guidebook, Scottish Highlands travel guidebook, Scottish Islands travel guidebook, Scotland's Highlands travel guidebook, Scotland's Islands travel guidebook, Scotland, Scotland's Highlands, Scotland's Islands, Scottish Highlands, Scottish Islands, Scotland guide, Scottish Highlands guide, Scottish Islands guide, Scotland's Highlands guide, Scotland's Islands guide, Scotland guidebook, Scottish Highlands guidebook, Scottish Islands guidebook, Scotland's Highlands guidebook, Scotland's Islands guidebook, Arran, Mull, Iona, Inverness, Loch Ness, Cairngorms, Orkney, Shetland, Hebrides, Skye