#1 best-selling guide to Thailand*
Lonely Planet Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sample the nightlife of Bangkok, explore the World Heritage temple ruins at Ayuthaya, or indulge in a beachfront Thai massage on a coral-fringed island; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Thailand Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - customs, history, politics, literature, cinema, music, art, environment, wildlife, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus over 120 maps.
- Covers Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Northeastern Thailand, Central Thailand, Bangkok, Ko Chang, Eastern Seaboard, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Thailand, our most comprehensive guide to Thailand, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Bangkok or Phuket? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Bangkok or Pocket Phuket, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for just the highlights of Thailand? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, China Williams, Austin Bush, Tim Bewer, Mark Beales, David Eimer, Celeste Brash and Adam Skolnick.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Thailand. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, February 2013 to January 2014.
- Beales, Mark
- Bewer, Tim
- Brash, Celeste
- Bush, Austin
- Eimer, David
- Planet, Lonely
- Skolnick, Adam
- Williams, China
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN