Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet London is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Check out cutting-edge art at the Tate Modern, wander the historic Royal Parks and explore riverside pubs and the bars of Shoreditch, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of London and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's London Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - covering history, literary London, music, theatre, architecture, art, fashion and film
- Free, convenient pull-out London map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Travel with Children, Day Trips, What's New, For Free, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Eating and Drinking
- Coverage of the West End, the City, the South Bank, Kensington & Hyde Park, the East End and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet London , our most comprehensive guide to London, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of London? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover London, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, or Lonely Planet's Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's England guide for a comprehensive look at all England has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Emilie Filou, Steve Fallon, Damian Harper and Vesna Maric.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.