Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Western Europe is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sip fine wine in a Parisian cafe, explore the ruins of Rome or party through the night in the bars of Berlin; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Western Europe and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Western Europe Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, and customs and etiquette
- Over 124 maps
- Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Itineraries, and Countries at a Glance
- Coverage of Austria, Belgium & Luxembourg, Britain, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland & Liechtenstein, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Western Europe , our most comprehensive guide to Western Europe, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Europe? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Europe, a photo-rich guide to the region's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Europe on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Ryan Ver Berkmoes, Alexis Averbuck, Oliver Berry, Kerry Christiani, Mark Elliott, Duncan Garwood, Anthony Ham, Virginia Maxwell, Craig McLachlan, Andrea Schulte-Peevers, Regis St Louis, Nicola Williams and Neil Wilson.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Western Europe travel, Western Europe travel guide, Western Europe travel guid, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Britain, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Paris, Rome, Venice, Madrid, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Munich, Geneva, Athens, Lisbon, London, Dublin, Edinburgh
- Berkmoes, Ryan Ver
- Berry, Oliver
- Elliott, Mark
- Garwood, Duncan
- Ham, Anthony
- Maxwell, Virginia
- Planet, Lonely
- Schulte-Peevers, Andrea
- Williams, Nicola
- Wilson, Neil
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN