Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Rio de Janeiro is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stroll barefoot on Ipanema beach, take in the view from Pao de Acucar (Sugarloaf), or shake your hips at an old-fashioned samba club; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rio de Janeiro and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including music, sports, history, architecture, cinema, cuisine, and Carnaval celebrations.
- Free, convenient pull-out sheet-map (included in print version), plus over 27 color maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month by Month (annual festival calendar), and a Carnaval planning chapter.
- Coverage of Ipanema, Leblon, Copacabana, Leme, Gavea, Jardim Botanico, Lagoa, Botofogo, Urca, Flamengo, Centro, Cinelandia, Santa Teresa, Lapa, Zone Norte, Barra da Tijuca and more.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Rio de Janeiro, our most comprehensive guide to Rio de Janeiro, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Brazil guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Keywords: Rio de Janeiro travel, Rio de Janeiro travel guide, Rio de Janeiro travel guid, Rio travel, Rio travel guide, Rio travel guid, Ipanema, Copacabana, Sugarloaf, Pao de Acucar, Cristo Redentor, Christ statue, Carnaval, samba, Maracana stadium.