#1 best-selling guide to Central America*
Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Snorkel with dazzling corals and oversized starfish, marvel at the restored temples of Tikal, or wander through the picture-perfect cobblestone streets of Granada; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - culture, history, religion, art, literature, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 104 local maps
- Useful features - including Off the Beaten Track, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and First Time in Central America
- Coverage of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico's Yucatan, Cancun, Chiapas, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Managua, San Jose, Antigua, Roatan, the Highlands, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities to get to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring, our most comprehensive guide to Central America, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's country guides to those particular destinations, our most comprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and take the roads less travelled, or check out Lonely Planet's Discover Guides which are photo-rich guides to those destinations' most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Carolyn McCarthy, Greg Benchwick, Joshua Samuel Brown, John Hecht, Tom Spurling, Iain Stewart, Lucas Vidgen, and Mara Vorhees.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off the beaten track and understand more of the nature and culture of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to Central America Source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2012 to April 2013.
Keywords: Central America travel, Central America travel guide, Central America travel guid, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama, Bay Islands, Tikal, Bocas del Toro, Monteverde, Great Blue Hole
- Benchwick, Greg
- Brown, Joshua Samuel
- Hecht, John
- McCarthy, Carolyn
- Planet, Lonely
- Spurling, Tom
- Stewart, Iain
- Vidgen, Lucas
- Vorhees, Mara
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN