Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Panama is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Dine and dance the night away in Panama City, relax on the palm-fringed beaches of Bocas del Toro or hike through the cloud forests of Boquete; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Panama and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Panama Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, music and dance, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and etiquette
- Over 48 maps
- Useful features - including Off the Beaten Track Itinerary, Month by Month (annual festival calendar) and Activity Guide
- Coverage of Panama City, Pacific Islands and Coast, Bocas del Toro, Boquete and the Highlands, Volcan Baru, Comarca de Kuna Yala, Darien Province and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalize your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Panama, our most comprehensive guide to Panama, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Central America on a Shoestring guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Carolyn McCarthy.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travelers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.*Best-selling guide to Panama. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, April 2012 to March 2013.