Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Madrid is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. View the marvellous frescoes at Plaza Mayor, enjoy tapas in La Latina, or take a stroll with the locals in the Parque del Buen Retiro; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Madrid and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Madrid Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, cinema, music, dance, architecture, politics, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Madrid map (included in print version), plus over 25 neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Day Trips
- Coverage of Salamanca, Plaza Mayor, Royal Madrid, La Latina, Lavapies, Malasana, Chueca, Parque del Oeste, Sol, Santa Ana, Huertas, El Retiro, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Madrid, our most comprehensive guide to Madrid, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Madrid? Check out Lonely Planet's Pocket Madrid, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Spain guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Discover Spain, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Anthony Ham.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.