Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Bruges & Brussels is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Climb the high belltower in Markt, take a turn round the tranquil courtyard of the Begijnhof, or see the guild houses at Grand Place; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Bruges and Brussels and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Bruges & Brussels:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Bruges & Brussels map (included in print version), plus over 14 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including For Kids, Worth a Trip, and Festival & Events (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Burg, Markt, Grand Place, Royal Quarter Museums, Parc du Cinquantenaire, Groeningemuseum, Memlingmuseum, Begijnhof, Centre Belge de la Bande Dessinee, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Bruges & Brussels is a handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, providing on-the-go assistance to travellers who seek only the can't-miss experiences. Colourful and easy-to-use, this neighbourhood-focused guide includes unique local recommendations to maximise your quick trip experience.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Belgium & Luxembourg guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet and Helena Smith.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.