#1 best-selling guide to Colombia*
Lonely Planet Colombia is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Step into the pages ofa novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez, watch the sunrise in El Cocuy, or pick your own coffee beans in Zona Cafetera; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Colombia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Colombia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budget - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, culture, history, art, literature, music, sports, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Over 43 local maps
- Useful features - including If You Like, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Colombia Outdoors
- Coverage of Bogota, Zona Cafetera, Cartagena, Medellin, El Cocuy, San Agustin, Mompox, San Andres, Providencia, Cali, the Amazon Basin, the Pacific Coast, the Caribbean Coast, Boyaca, Santander, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices)
- Zoom-in maps and images bring it all up close and in greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Easily navigate and jump effortlessly between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Use bookmarks to help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Visit the websites of our recommendations by touching embedded links
- Adding notes with the tap of a finger offers a way to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to translate unfamiliar languages and decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Colombia, our most comprehensive guide to Colombia, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's South America on a Shoestring guide for a comprehensive look at all the continent has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Kevin Raub, Alex Egerton, and Mike Power.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
*Bestselling guide to Colombia Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA, May 2011 to April 2012.