‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet’s latest Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guide book and includes:
• Walking the West Highland Way chapters
• Understanding Scotland’s Highlands & Islands
• Walking the West Highland Way maps
This is the most popular long-distance path in Scotland (and Britain for that matter); something like 15,000 walkers go the full distance each year, so you’ll rarely be short of like-minded company from around the world.
This guide is the result of research by our dedicated author and local experts who immersed themselves in Walking the West Highland Way, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews, maps, walking tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of Walking the West Highland Way .
• Understanding Scotland’s Highlands & Islands: Scotland’s Highlands & Islands Today, History, Highland Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, the Scottish Larder.
• Milngavie to Drymen, Drymen to Rowardennan, Rowardennan to Inverarnan, Inverarnan to Tyndrum, Tyndrum to Kings House Hotel, Kings House Hotel to Kinlochleven, Kinlochleven to Fort William
Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands guide is researched and written by Neil Wilson
We do not deliver the extra material sometimes included in printed books (CDs or DVDs).