Western Lake District – Guidebook Chapter
|Printing ||Not allowed|
|Copy to clipboard ||Not allowed|
|‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times|
This eBook offering is an excerpt of Lonely Planet’s latest The Lake District guide book and includes:
• Western Lake District chapter
• Lake District History, Culture & Environment and Directory, Transport & Health
• Western Lake District maps
Dramatic rather than picturesque, breathtaking rather than charming, the western Lakes' lonely valleys and mist-shrouded fells make up one of England's last remaining pockets of wilderness. Travellers love the region for its views and its hiking challenges: this chapter explains why.
This guide is the result of research by dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Western Lake District, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed. This guide includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of Western Lake District.
• History, Culture, Literary Lakes, Food & Drink, Environment, Directory, Transport and Health
• Ravenglass & around, Eskdale, Eskdale Green, Wasdale, Ennerdale, Dalegarth & Boot, Hardknott & Wrynose, Gosforth & Santon Bridge, Wasdale Head.
Lonely Planet’s The Lake District guide is researched and written by Oliver Berry
|We do not deliver the extra material sometimes included in printed books (CDs or DVDs).|
There are no products in your shopping cart.