|Printing ||Not allowed|
|Copy to clipboard ||Not allowed|
|The world’s favorite guide books reinvented for the iPad|
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other’. New York Times
Full of color images and only the best of the city, Lonely Planet's Encounter Amsterdam is the on-the-road necessity to get you to the heart of the city. Find the best attractions, restaurants, shops, theaters, galleries and more with our hyperlinked maps, top highlights and itineraries for short stays. With content broken down by neighborhood, Encounter guides make city travel easier than ever.
Our experienced, passionate team of authors and local experts immerse themselves in each city they visit, finding and sharing the unique experiences, and practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed.
Be it sipping cold beer and watching canal boats float by in the Jordaan, discovering clever Dutch design in the boutique-filled Negen Straatjes or experiencing the convivial Dutch gezelligheid at a traditional brown cafe - there's a lot to love about Amsterdam!
Local expert perspectives include resident oysterman at ‘t Mandje restaurant on what to eat and where, a bartender on the latest trends in nightlife, and the director of the John Adams Institute on the city’s hidden history.
Lonely Planet's Amsterdam Encounter guide gives you twice the city in half the time.
Inside Amsterdam Encounter:
- • Full color styling and images
- • Maps – retooled for use with the iPad
- • Recommended points-of-interest – covering eating, going out, shopping, activities and attractions
- • Short stay itineraries – so you can make the most of every moment
- • Local experts reveal the city’s secret gems
- • Top 10 highlights – the definitive list of the not-to-miss city experiences
- • City snapshots – peak inside the city’s subcultures with information on the arts, history, going out and more.
Special enhancements specifically for the iPad
- • Scalable maps – zoom in on Lonely Planet maps for greater detail without losing resolution (does not require internet access)
- • Geo-referenced Google Map pinpointing – enabling you to view any point-of-interest on Google maps (requires internet access).
- • Comprehensive interlinking – hundreds of links to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
- • Search – go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
- • Add notes – touch a word to add notes and personalize your guidebook
- • Bookmark – use bookmarks to quickly return to a page
- • Dictionary –look up the meaning of any word
- • Plus pinch and zoom images and scalable font size
Check out Lonely Planet’s other iBook guides and City guide apps.
Written and researched by Zara O'Neill.
|We do not deliver the extra material sometimes included in printed books (CDs or DVDs).|
There are no products in your shopping cart.