Global Communication is the most definitive text on multi-national communication and media conglomerates, exploring how global media, particularly CNN, the BBC, Euronews, and Al Jazeera, influence audiences and policy makers alike.
- Includes four completely new chapters on Asian media, Euromedia, the Middle East, and public diplomacy from a post 9/11 perspective
- Updates the story of arab media with a section on "Arab Media and the Al Jazeera Effect" by Middle East-based expert Lawrence Pintak
- Covers the global war on terrorism and the substantial US investment in Iraqi media
- Provides updated accounts and overviews of the largest and most important media corporations from around the world, from MTV and CNN to Bollywood
- Incorporates discussions of Hulu, YouTube, Myspace, and the Twitter phenomenon as well as new stakeholders in global online media
Keywords: Mass Communication