Archaeology in Practice: A Student Guide to Archaeological Analyses
offers students in archaeology laboratory courses a detailed and invaluable how-to manual of archaeological methods and provides insight into the breadth of modern archaeology.
- Written by specialists of material analyses, whose expertise represents a broad geographic range
- Includes numerous examples of applications of archaeological techniques
- Organized by material types, such as animal bones, ceramics, stone artifacts, and documentary sources, or by themes, such as dating, ethics, and report writing
- Written accessibly and amply referenced to provide readers with a guide to further resources on techniques and their applications
- Enlivened by a range of boxed case studies throughout the main text