Golf For Dummies
|Printing ||125 pages with an additional page accrued every 6 hours, capped at 125 pages|
|Copy to clipboard ||5 excerpts |
|The fun and easy way to get into the swing of things and take strokes off your game – fast|
Whether you're a total beginner or you've clocked a few hours on the links, Golf For Dummies, 2nd Edition is the only guide you need. Packed with expert tips and techniques for everything from mastering your grip, stance and swing to shaping up with golf-specific exercises, this updated and expanded edition of the international bestseller features new, step-by-step photos, tips for women players, seniors and lefties, and loads of fun golf history facts.
- Learn your ABCs – master the basics, from golf lingo and choosing your clubs, to who to play with and where
- Watch your step – get the lowdown on golf rules, how to keep score, and take a crash-course on gamesmanship and the do's and taboos of golf-course etiquette
- Get into the swing – delve into the art and science of the golf swing, including how to blast your way out of bunkers and how to develop an effective putting stroke
- Tackle the tough shots – finesse difficult shots like a pro and deal with bad weather and bad luck with grace and skill
- Fine-tune your play – zero in on common faults and bad habits and learn time-tested techniques for easily fixing them once and for all
- To school or not to school – decide whether formal lessons are right for you and find out how to select a great teacher
"If you've ever wanted to know more about golf or improve your game then this is your guide"
—The Fairway, from a review of the 1st edition
"Does exactly what it says on the tin!"
—Today's Golfer, from a review of the 1st edition
Open the book and find:
- Tips on choosing golf balls and clubs
- Exercises for getting and staying in golf shape
- How to develop your own swing
- Putting, chipping and pitching
- Mastering grip, stance and swing
- Simple fixes for common faults
- Golf rules and etiquette
- Advice on taking advantage of high-tech equipment
- Where to play in the UK and Europe
- Master your grip, stance and swing
- Improve your game with tips from the pros
- Overcome the game's mental challenges with tricks and exercises
Go to Dummies.com for videos, step-by-step examples, how-to articles or to shop!
|We do not deliver the extra material sometimes included in printed books (CDs or DVDs).|
There are no products in your shopping cart.