Cancer Biomarkers: Analytical Techniques for Discovery
|Printing ||120 pages with an additional page accrued every 7 hours, capped at 120 pages|
|Copy to clipboard ||20 excerpts |
|Tools, techniques, and progress in cancer biomarkers discovery|
The completion of a number of gene sequencing projects, recent advances in genomic and proteomic technologies, and the availability of powerful bioinformatics tools have led to promising new avenues and approaches in the search for cancer biomarkers. This book provides a comprehensive overview of current methodologies and technologies. It discusses biomarker discovery as a whole, rather than focusing on one specific marker or cancer. With information on both existing and potential biomarkers, Cancer Biomarkers: Analytical Techniques for Discovery:
* Provides insights into the current technological platforms for biomarker discovery, including mass spectrometry combined with multidimensional chromatography, DIGE, and various chip technologies
* Includes a detailed discussion of protein networks and protein phosphorylation in cancer
* Details the use of imaging mass spectrometry, laser capture microdissection, serial analysis of gene expression, enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, protein microarrays, antibody-based microarrays, and bioinformatics
* Covers the emerging role of surface-enhanced laser desorption ionization (SELDI) and various tagging and labeling strategies
* Discusses related regulatory and ethical issues
With a wealth of information that can be applied to a broad spectrum of biomarker research projects, this is a core reference for biomarker researchers, scientists working in proteomics and bioinformatics, pharmaceutical scientists, oncologists, biochemists, biologists, and chemists.
|We do not deliver the extra material sometimes included in printed books (CDs or DVDs).|
There are no products in your shopping cart.