|(Co)polymers prepared via free radical mechanism, together with polyolefins, comprise the largest portion of the commodity plastics industry and are also used for preparation of many specialty materials. Handbook of Radical Polymerization provides a concise source of information on mechanisms, synthetic techniques, and characterization methods and addresses future trends for polymers made by free radical intermediates.
A one-stop, at-your-fingertips source of information for students, researchers, technologists, and industrial managers, the Handbook functions as a single reference of the conventional and controlled/living radical polymerization methods. Two expert editors collect and present historical background of the technique, basic information regarding various free radical polymerization systems, and state-of-the-art experimental techniques and industrial applications. Chapters written by internationally acclaimed experts in their respective fields include:
- Theory of Radical Reactions
- The Kinetics of Free Radical Polymerization
- Industrial Applications and Processes
- Nitroxide Mediated Living Radical Polymerization
- Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization
- Control of Free Radical Polymerization by Chain Transfer Methods
- Macromolecular Engineering by Controlled Radical Polymerization
Guaranteed to have a long shelf life, the Handbook of Radical Polymerization promises to be an indispensable resource for chemists, chemical engineers, material scientists, and graduate students in the field, as well as a valuable addition to industrial, academic, and government libraries.